David Bedell

Justice of the Peace

Outdoor or indoor ceremonies for all genders.  Traditional or innovative ceremonies to fit your needs. Interfaith, international, same-sex couples all welcome.

Vital Statistics

In order to apply for a marriage license, you will need to visit the Town Clerk's office in the town where you plan to marry. You must show a photo I.D., and you will need to provide information including date and place of birth, parents' names and birthplaces, whether you were previously married, etc. Download a worksheet.

Links to Town Clerk websites:  Cheshire     Durham     Meriden     North Branford     North Haven     Wallingford


For a simple ceremony, the town hall can usually arrange the use of a private chamber, or, weather permitting, I can suggest an outdoor terrace, town hall steps, or nearby park suitable for photographs. For a more formal ceremony or on weekends, I can meet you in your home, at a restaurant or reception hall, in a park, or other location. In some towns, same-day processing of your license application may be arranged. I am also happy to accommodate themed or other innovative ceremonies.

I am based in Wallingford but authorized to perform weddings anywhere in Connecticut.


Some couples like to write their own vows while others prefer the language of a traditional ceremony. I will work with you to choose the ceremony that works best for you, including any cultural or family traditions or personal touches that will make the wedding memorable and significant to you. I speak French and Mandarin Chinese, and (with your assistance) can incorporate other languages into the ceremony as well. (In my day job, I teach English to international students, so one of my specialties is international marriages.)  Click here for the sample text of a standard ceremony.


David Bedell, Justice of the Peace, Wallingford, Connecticut

Contact: 203-581-3193,